In today’s article, I’ll be sharing easy treats recipes and DIY Birthday cake for your furkid!
Disclaimer: I am not a professional. This article is written based on personal experience in making these treats.
If you’ve never done your own dog treats before I suggest starting with one of the dog recipes in the list below. In fact, I would recommend these recipes to everyone. Who doesn’t love simple?
These basic dog recipes are easy to produce, even to beginner cooks like me. And if your treats don’t turn out to be as pretty as the pictures below, don’t worry — your dog will just enjoy them the same way.
Here’s some simple dog treat recipes are are made from human-grade ingredients and frozen choices, to DIYs. Owners can eat it too !
1. Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Treats
Does your dog love peanut butter as much as mine does?
Ingredients – 2cups flour, 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or powdered (dog-friendly ones), 1/4 cup water.
Preheat your oven to 350 F. Mix the ingredients together until combined, and then add water until it becomes wet enough to roll out as dough.
Two ingredient dog treats: about 10 minute cook time at about 150 – 180 degree.
2. Frozen Yogurt Apple/Banana/Blueberry/Strawberry Dog Treats
This dog treat recipe is so simple it doesn’t even involve any cooking.
Ingredients – 2apples/banana/blueburry/Strawberry, a cup of plain yogurt/kefir n some ice cubes trays or mould.
You’ve got yourself a yummy treat your dog will love. My dogs Snowy&Bella absolutely loves these treats.
Freeze for a couple hours.
You can also mix n match, your own innovation!
3. Yogurt Apple/Banana/Blueberry/Strawberry Dog Treats – eat on the spot !
This dog treat recipe is excetly same as frozen treat above but without freezing it.
Ingredients – sliced apples/banana/blueburry/Strawberry and a cup of plain yogurt/kefir. Additional ingredients Manuka Honey.
Pour the yogurt into the bowl, decorate with the fruits and serve it to your furkids ! Add a little of raw Manuka honey if you want to !
4. Pumpkin Cookie Dog Treats.
These pumpkin dog treats are mega simple. They’re made with whole wheat flour, though you’re certainly welcome to use all purpose. Whole wheat flour just tends to carry a bit more nutritional value. Pump up the health value of those treats!
Ingredients – 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour all purpose is fine, 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 cup pumpkin purée, 1/4 cup water or milk, 1 large egg.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, water or milk, and egg until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently until everything is combined. You may need to use your hands. /roll out dough onto a floured surface and use desired shape cookie cutter, reroll, and cut again until there is no more dough left.
- Bake dog treats for 30 minutes, flipping treats over halfway through baking.
ingredient dog treats: 30 minute cook time. Store dog treats covered at room temperature. Treats may be frozen, up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
DIY Barkday Cake (homemade from scratch)
I’m super exciting recipe to share with you: a yummy Birthday Cake just for pups!
(Cake) 300g pork – I use /beef/Tuna/etc… (steamed/baked – i baked) and 50-70g finely chopped vegetables (carrots/pumpkim/any vegetable you wanna add in)
(Frosting) 300g Mashed Potato – I use / sweet potatos (purple/orange) / Greek yogurt frosting , Liquid Food Colours – must be dog-friendly (any colour you like or you can use natural vegetable for colours)
(Decorate) Fruits – Strawberry, Banana, Blueberry, etc.. / dog cookies / dehydrated meats??
- Preheat oven to 160-180 degrees celsius.
- Mix together all the (cake) ingredients into a bowl
- Transfer it to a cake mould and bake for 15-25 minutes, (To check if the cake is done, place a stick in and remove. If stick comes out dry, it’s done!)
- Leave (cake) to cool.
- Prepare frosting: Mashed Potato together plain or if you adding the list below.
- Once cakes are cool, they are ready to frost and design to your liking!
If there are left over mashed potato, you can use waffle/donut maker machine to cook it OR dehydrate it (personally I’ve never tried to dehydrate it, maybe you can let me know).
We hope you enjoy reading and baking it for your pup! Your pup will definitely like it because my pup likes it!!
Lemme know what other strategies did you use or what orther recipes you tried? Let us know in the comment below or DM us on our Instagram @snowyxbella , or what are the topics you would like us to share!
Example – Dog-friendly (cafes, restaurants, hotels, daycare, services, fun places) , Organised for a doggie pawty, Training, Dog parks, Life (tips – photos, recipes – how to dehyrate treats), Shop pet suppliers (accessories, shops on stores/online/instagrams), etc…